Monday, April 13, 2009

Shaving Skins

Dear Easter Bunny,

You have played a mean trick on me. So I asked you for a happy weekend, but you don't play fair do you. I'm up for your challenge though, don't think I'm going to lie down and accept life.

May the best man win +_+

An erratic heartbeat

Like a drunken soccer supporter stumbling down the empty streets with a drum and a drink, the irregularity of the heart inside my chest seems to have no end. 

I am the captain of the vessel, and I steer it true to my inner compass. Now if only the damn thing would stop spinning in circles and settle in a direction. Who carries the bigger magnet now?

A B C

A swings with a halo, swings with a broken wing. A is doing, A wants to do.
B swings with a broken heart, swings without care. B is done in, B is surviving.
C swings with reckless precision, swings in a different tree. C is done, C is dusted.

A tempered heart may lead to tempered love

So I overplayed my hand, like any remotely sexually aware guy might do in that position. Or maybe one that is in my shoes.  So I try to explain, badly. But explaining again and again is worse I feel. So I explain once, and hope for a break. Then I try to leave a volatile note, something to generate a response.  Nothing. Time spent thinking and wondering, waiting and hoping. Realising how selfish I seem now, yet not wanting to over do it by re'xplaining. Purposefully letting someone disapprove of you rather than chase them away in a different way. When did I make the change from 'thinking the move' to 'executing the move'?

Finally I have become the kind of person who can keep it together for a while and not run off yelling what comes to mind. An improvement, but also a danger. Power in any form can be dangerous, both to the user as well as the target.

So, I keep it together. I sit, I wait, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment