Wednesday, March 11, 2009

google google on the wall

Am I in love? 

Ever since I was a small four-eyed critter jumping around playgrounds I've had this appreciation for feelings. The way emotions could trump evidence, logic, believe or even sanity.

In high school I wanted to know how it felt to be in a relationship, how those guys and girls were feeling every day, knowing there was someone on the other side of the fence who was also thinking about them. Nearing the end of my high school career I actively started looking for someone who I could experience this with. I had no idea what I was getting into. 

She was smoking hot and a little shy, but buoyed by the music and the dance floor I would only realise this later.

 I arrived on the doorstep of this year freshly ripped from warmth. I've spent time thawing out, but now I seem to have lost the edge of how it felt. 

Never mind true loves, ignoring forever promises, throw out the window destiny; just, when has it ever been easy to know if like has turned to love? And how incredibly hard is it in our time to really tell the difference, where every semi female form is covered in napkins flapping in the breeze.

Am I irrational? Do you lie awake thinking? Can we be found every other day dancing in our minds?

No comments:

Post a Comment